Blueberry Moscow Mule
Hints of blueberry add an inspiring twist to this classic ginger beer and vodka-based cocktail. Both tangy and refreshing, this beverage is the perfect year round treat!
For Blueberry infused Vodka:
- 1 cup blueberries
- 8 oz. vodka
- 1 mason jar with lid
- 2 oz. fresh lime juice (about 6 limes)
- 8 oz. blueberry infused vodka
- 2 cans or bottles ginger beer
- Sprigs of mint/extra lime to garnish
- Your favorite copper Mule mugs
For the Blueberry-infused Vodka:
1. Place blueberries into a mason jar. Using a muddler, muddle the berries inside the jar. In lieu of a muddler, use the end of a wooden spoon.
2. Pour the vodka into the jar with the muddled blueberries. Tighten the lid on and then vigorously shake the jar. Let the mixture rest for 24–36 hours out of direct sunlight. While the flavor is strongest after 24–36 hours, it can be used almost immediately.
3. Strain the blueberry pulp from the vodka using a coffee filter placed in a strainer (cheese cloth works too). Clean out the jar, and pour the infused vodka back in. Store the vodka in a cool, dry place.
* Best to make 24+ hours in advance
For The Cocktail:
1. Fill each copper mug with ice.
2. Squeeze ½ ounce of lime juice, and pour 2 ounces of infused blueberry vodka into each of the cooper mugs.
3. Top with ginger beer, and stir the ingredients.
4. Garnish with a sprig of mint, a wedge of lime, and extra blueberries. Cheers!